Call for Submissions Deadline: April 10, 2016
The American Association of Teachers of Arabic (AATA) invites members and other professionals in the field of Arabic teaching to submit proposals for participation in a panel on “Arabic Foreign Language Pedagogy: Current and Innovative Techniques.” The panel will take place in conjunction with the Annual Meeting of the Middle East Studies Association (MESA) on Thursday, November 17, 2016 in Boston, Massachusetts. Presentations will focus on current or innovative techniques and demonstration of such techniques in developing the language skills as well as the teaching of the various language components.
- Possible topics may include, but need not be limited to, the following:
- techniques of teaching any of the four basic language skills: speaking, listening, reading, and writing,
- techniques of teaching any of the language components: pronunciation, vocabulary, and grammar
- techniques of teaching Arabic literature
- techniques of teaching Arabic Culture
- use of state of the art technology in teaching Arabic.
While either English or Arabic can be used, panelists are strongly encouraged to deliver their presentation in Arabic. Please send your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 10, 2016. Your proposal should be 250 words. Notification of acceptance will be sent by April 25.